Chrome Portable is a compact portable version of the Google Chrome browser that does not require installation on a computer. Despite the fact that the utility does not need to be installed on the device used, it has a full range of capabilities and advantages of the regular version. In addition, the program offers the user its own unique functions. The ability to download Google Chrome Portable will be provided at the end of the article, and we will go on to analyze the main characteristics of this application.
As already indicated, the utility has all the functionality embedded in the regular stationary version of the browser. Let’s make a short list of key features that make Chrome one of the most popular web browsers in the world.
The main features of the program are the following:
- Use on any device by transferring the distribution kit to removable media.
- Install an unlimited number of free extensions from the built-in store.
- Integration of all Google services.
- Two-factor authentication when entering a user account.
- Creating a backup of all data and settings.
- Ensuring the security of Internet surfing and the confidentiality of user information.
- Customize your bookmarks bar and more.
The list provided above can be infinitely expanded by connecting additional plug-ins, each of which is distributed absolutely free.
Advantages and disadvantages
Consider the key pros and cons of using the portable version of the Google Chrome browser.
- Maximum simplicity and convenience of the interface.
- The highest rates of speed and overall performance.
- Extensibility of functionality.
- Save all user settings even when transferring the utility to another device.
- Excellent security level – Portable version does not leave any traces in the system.
- High stability.
- Inaccessibility for most types of advertising software.
- Reduced program sizes compared to the full version.
- Inconvenient form for viewing source code.
- Lack of opportunities to fully change the appearance of the application.
Despite all the shortcomings, Google Chrome has been and remains the leader in the category of high-performance web browsers – the vast majority of users prefer to work with it.
How to use
We’ll write a short guide on unpacking and initial configuration of the browser we’ve analyzed:
- Download the utility installer.
- Specify the folder into which you want to unpack the browser files (the program will not be installed on the system) and click on “Install”.
- Open the executable file of the program and proceed to its use – if necessary, the folder can be transferred to a removable drive and work with the browser on any other device (without losing your own settings).
- We create a new Google account or log into an existing one – this will allow you to get all the settings and synchronize the data with the account.
Getting started with the browser – there is no sense in describing this process, because
- Chrome is deservedly considered one of the simplest browsers.
- At this stage, we complete the review of the portable version of Chrome – this solution is perfect for any user who does not want to clog the system with unnecessary information and who wants to always have a fully configured browser on hand.